Can't find what you're looking for in the links below? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
In exchange for operational freedom and flexibility, Charter schools tend to be subject to higher levels of accountability, both academically and financially, than traditional public schools. Stargate strives for the highest levels of financial transparency and clarity.
Financial Transparency for Stargate and other Colorado Schools
Stargate regularly provides reports and statements to show how we receive funding and and how funding is allocated. Like all Colorado public schools and districts, Stargate is required to share specific types of financial information, including budgets and audit summaries. However, in the spirit of true transparency and partnership with our community, the Stargate Governance Board and leadership team also elect to provide stakeholders with far more financial information than is legally required.
Required reports and statements available include:
- Stargate Adopted Budget
- Stargate Financial Audit
- Salary Schedules or Policies
- Waivers - Received by Stargate plus CDE Guidance for Waivers
- Waivers - Standardized Description and Rational for Each Automatic Waiver
- Federal Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF and any associated schedules
Additional reports and statements available include:
- Accounts Payable Check Registers
- Credit, Debit and Purchase Card Statements
- Investment Performance Statements
- Quarterly Financial Statements
- Individual School Site Financial Data - Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Financial Oversight at Stargate & Key Contacts
We also provide links to resources community members can use to learn more about school finances including:
Making Sense of Financial Data
True financial transparency means everyone has a clear understanding of the significance and use of data. As a charter school, Stargate relies on community members to play an active role in the school's governance, both as leaders and as involved members who ask questions and help hold each other accountable. We've tried to create a site that is accessible to a layperson, but if you have any questions related to finances at Stargate, please reach out. Contact information is available on this page and throughout the Financial Transparency section.
- Lynne Allen, Stargate Executive Director of Operations and Finance, email@example.com
- Stargate Finance Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org