Testing Resources

Do I Need a Cognitive Test?

The Stargate Admissions Policy considers a body of evidence to qualify students. If a student already has an Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) as defined by the State of Colorado, they may use that to qualify. However, if your student does not have an Advanced Learning Plan, the application WILL require a cognitive assessment as one measure used to determine intellectual giftedness and admission.

Sources for Cognitive and IQ Testing

Individually Administered: Applicants who choose to take an individually administered cognitive assessment or IQ test may choose any licensed psychologist to administer the test. Stargate has assembled a Sources for Cognitive & IQ Testing Psychologist List, accessible via the link at the top of this page, as a courtesy and convenience to our prospective applicants. It is up to the applicant to schedule directly with the test provider.

Group Administered: Applicants who choose to participate in a group administered cognitive assessment may use the link at the top of this page to sign up for one session. If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled Stargate sessions, you have the option to have your child tested independently. If you sign up for a session and your student can no longer make it, please sign up for another day and email admissions@stargateschool.org to let them know of the change.

Equal Opportunity: Stargate School is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination/harassment in relation to race,color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation and disability. Stargate School does not discriminate on the basis of disability in recruitment and admissions. Adams 12 Five Star Schools District Policy 8400 establishes guidelines related to allegations of discrimination and/or harassment of or by students or staff.
504 Coordinator: Sandy Francis (K-5) sandy.francis@stargateschool.org or Angela Fundaro (6-12) angela.fundaro@stargateschool.org. Should you suspect disability discrimination during admissions and/or enrollment, please contact the Section 504/Title II Coordinator listed.