Questions about the form? The submission process? The status of a nomination you already submitted? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send in your photos! Submit a nomination.
- Submit student accomplishments and any related links to news articles, blogs, etc. by clicking the nomination form graphic/link on this page.
- Email related photos to email@example.com.
- If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember, we can not guarantee that all "Eagles on the Move" submissions will be published.
Eagles on the Move - Fall / Winter
- Share some Stargate pride and celebrate our own 7th Grader Eon Hafey. Eon took the FIRST PLACE prize (Middle School) for the Anti-Discrimination League's annual Art Contest. This is a fantastic achievement considering the piece was chosen among submissions from three states in the ADL's Mountain Region. Congratulations Eon!
- State Swim Meet - Mallory O’Keefe will be swimming in the 5A State swim meet in the 200 Medley Relay, 200 Freestyle, 500 Freestyle, and 200 Freestyle Relay. She set a 5A EMAC League Meet Record in the 100 Butterfly. Since Stargate doesn't have a swim team, Mallory competes with Brighton High School. She will be swimming with the fastest swimmers in Colorado at the state meet on Feb. 13 and 14.
- District Spelling Bee champions - Congratulations to the Stargate students in the Adams 12 District Spelling Bee. Erin Stander (8th grade) took first place and Aavas Jha (7th grade) took second place. In addition, Stargate students Anshul Goyal (5th grade) and Sophie Setiyadi (7th grade) finished among the district's top 14 spellers and will compete at the 80th Annual Denver Post Colorado State Spelling Bee on March 7. Good luck to all our Strage spellers in the state competition!
- MATHCOUNTS - district prelims champions - Stargate's team of Tamsin Horne, Pranav Konijeti, Cynthia Liu, and Valerie Xin won 1st place in the team competition at the Adams 12 MATHCOUNTS District Prelims on Jan 25. In the individual competition those same four students swept the top four positions. Tamsin took 1st place, Pranav placed 2nd, Valerie placed 3rd, and Cynthia placed 4th. About 70 students from seven schools competed at this event. Stargate fielded a team of twenty Middle School students including 6th graders Vihaan Jain, Nandana Kannaiya, Agnes Mu, and Max Wu; 7th graders Rohit Das, Hector Mu, Vincent Stone, and Eli Walsh; and 8th graders Chris Chen, Eddie Chiu, Aaron Duong, Valerie Kim, Rithvik Krishnan, Ryan Marx, Aaryan Nema, and Kyle Widrig. District Finals will be held on Feb 8. The top ten finishers on Feb. 8 will go on to the North Metro District Finals competition to be held on Feb. 22.
- Brain Bowl regional champions - Nine teams of middle school students competed in the 2020 Optimist Brain Bowl Northern Regional tournament on Jan. 25. More than half of the teams qualified for the afternoon playoff sessions and three of those teams qualified to attend the State championship tournament in March. Special congratulations to Ava Lee, Lia Morley, John Darrah, Carter Jensen, and Owen Oyer who repeated last year's accomplishment by winning first place again this year.
- Knowledge Bowl league champions - Stargate's team wrapped up their Denver League competition season. Special congratulations to Jacob Tow, Joe Claver, and Laura Chen for their dominating first place finish! Next up is the Regional tournament next month and hopefully another State Championship in March.
- HS Boys Basketball - our team and two of our players were featured in the Denver Post Prep Sports Column last week: George Mendoza with his 3rd double-double of the year, and Nathan Guerrero Jr. with his season high 26 points in the win vs. SkyView Academy. Go Eagles!
- Stargate Spelling Bee - school champions - Middle School: 1st place Erin Stander (8th grade), 2nd place Aavas Jha (7th grade), 3rd place Sophie Setiyadi (7th grade). Elementary: 1st place Graciela Trujillo (4th grade), 2nd place Anshul Goyal (5th grade). These five students will represent Stargate at the District Bee on Wednesday, January 29th at Century Middle School. This year, 31 students competed in the elementary bee and 26 students competed in the secondary bee. Congratulations to all of our wonderful spellers and a special recognition to Erin Stander who will be competing in her last spelling bees. She has reached the state competition every year since fourth grade!
- National Geographic GeoBee - school champions - Middle School: 1st place Srihith Tirnati, 2nd place Rithvik Krishnan. Elementary: 1st place Kellen McGilvray, 2nd place Leo Fernandes, 3rd place Campbell Jean. Congratulations to all of the students who participated in Stargate’s Sixth Annual School Geography Bee.
- Congratulations to junior, Jacob Lei for winning the Greater Boulder Youth Orchestra Concerto Competition! He will be performing the Mendelsshon violin concerto in e minor, first movement, on April 26th with the orchestra. This is a tremendous achievement and honor.
- Congratulations to Alex and Tamsin Horne. Top sailors from across North America and beyond raced at the Orange Bowl International Youth Regatta in Miami, FL in December (12 races over 4 days). Alex (10th grade) finished 49th out of 67 laser radials and Tamsin (8th grade) placed 30th out of 43 laser 4.7s.
- Congratulations to the Stargate Boys Middle School Basketball A Team for finishing the season 12- 0 and winning the league championship! They played like a team all year, supported each other through the whole season and worked extremely hard to win the league. Congratulations to Brenden Agnew, Joshua Feld, Cooper King, Nathaniel Kleve, Karter Stevenson, Camden Cottrell, Dylan Perkins, Brayden Haan, Nick Hofer, Reed Schoenfeld, Hunter Roark and Garrett Baldwin. Thank you to Coach DeFord, Coach Hofer and Asst Coach Haan!
- Noah Quintela-Jacob, 8th grade, has been accepted into the CU MS Honor Band in clarinet. He will be performing at the end of February at Macky Auditorium in Boulder. Congratulations.
- Stargate is headed to All State Band! Junior, Ania Grondalski performs in the Chamber Ensemble on flute. She will be performing at UNC in Greeley April 2-4 with other top musicians in our state. Congratulations.
- Sydney Jones took first place in the Western Regional Oireachtas Irish dance competition. She qualified for Worlds in Dublin, Ireland in April!
- Stargate's first ever CyberPatriot team sponsored by IBM and consisting of Austin Fay, Aditya Shankarling, Jo Claver, Benedict Antonious, and Ryan Mapes has advanced to the State Round GOLD Division competition based on their performance in Rounds 1 and 2. CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Education Program created by the Air Force Association to inspire K-12 students toward careers in cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines critical to our nation's future.
- This year we had three of our students make it into All State Orchestra! We have Jacob Lei and Ehna Choi on violin and Sandra Vo on viola. In February, they will perform at Colorado State University with some of the top musicians in the state.
- Congratulations to Sandra Vo for her position paper that she wrote for the Model UN conference at Kent. She won best position paper in her council. Competition was a bit stiff too. This conference ended up being the largest ever held in Colorado Model UN history.
- Congratulations to the boys and girls HS Cross Country Teams! They both competed in the 3A regional meet and qualified for the State competition.
- Congratulations to the Middle School Cross Country Team--the girls team placed 3rd and boys placed 4th in state!
- This year we had four Stargate students make it into Western States Orchestra! This is a prestigious and competitive honor orchestra that students across the state audition to get into. Congratulations to Reese Bush for making it into the Chamber Orchestra. Also, congratulations to Jacob Lei, Ehna Choi, and Jeremy Huang for getting into the Symphony Orchestra.
- Scripps National Spelling Bee - Cheyenne Trujillo, 8th grade, and Brody Krause, 5th grade, competed this summer in the National Bee, held in late May in Washington D.C.. Read more about their adventures in the Denver Post. https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/28/scripps-national-spelling-bee-colorado-students/
- Knowledge Bowl National Competition - Stargate's Knowledge Bowl team traveled to Chicago in May for Knowledge Bowl nationals. Earlier in the spring, the Stargate team took first in state, across all divisions, becoming the first non-5A team since 1995 to claim Colorado's top spot. Within their division, Stargate repeated this year as Colorado's 3A State Champions. Congratulations to team members Miles, Rae, Nick, Nathan, Ryan, Aditya, Jacob and Coach Eric Howe.
Geography Bee National Competition- Garrett Fleischmann, 8th grade, claimed the Colorado State Champion title in the 2019 National Geographic GeoBee, landing him a spot in the national competitions of the GeoBee and GeoChallenge, held May 19-22, 2019, at National Geographic Society headquarters in Washington, D.C. Read more on the National Geographic website, https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2019/04/01/2019-national-geographic-geobee-state-champions-and-geochallenge-regional-winners-announced/