Important Dates:

September 10-11  3-4 pm Talent Show Audition

September 13- Elementary Curriculum Night

September 14- Elementary School Pictures

September 19- 6:00pm Board of Directors Meeting

September 20 -5:30 pm Watch DOGS orientation meeting

September 22-Harry Potter Night

September 25- 6:30-8:00pm Elementary Talent Show

(Auditions 9/10, 9/11, 9/17, 9/18 3-4pm)

October 3-5- 5th Grade Overnight to Camp Timberline

Dear Stargate Families,

The year is off to a great start and we are excited to interact with families this Thursday night for the Elementary Curriculum Night! This is an opportunity for you to meet with your student’s homeroom (Theme), math, and literacy teacher(s). Below is the schedule:

• 5:00PM -6:00PM (Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 4th grade)

• 6:30 -7:30 PM (1st grade, 2nd grade, and 5th grade)

We hope to see you all there!

As mentioned in the last Hischke’s Happenings, the elementary building is looking for a committee to look into different social emotional programs that we would like to invest in for our gifted learners. We received emails from a variety of parents and would like to send this out one last time before we hold our first meeting. If you are interested in this committee and have not yet emailed me, please send an email to missy.hischke@stargateschool.org to express your interest. The meeting is scheduled for September 25 at 8:15 am in the Elementary Commons.

Please read the rest of the information below for other school and campus updates.

Rise above,

Missy Hischke

Stargate Elementary Principal

Staff information to help with processes

• Sandy Francis - Elementary 504 Coordinator K-5 and ELL Coordinator for K-12

• Nancy Provataris - Elementary School Psychologist

• Chris Fee - K-3 Learning Services Provider

• Patrick Holmbo - 4-6 Learning Services Provider

• Sara Moeller - Elementary Assistant Principal

• Veronica Vieyra - Administrative assistant to Missy Hischke and Sara Moeller

• Lori Bustamante - Elementary Registrar

• Traci Snouffer-Elementary Health Aide

Talent Show

The Elementary K-5 Talent Show, hosted by Mr. Osburn, is scheduled for Tuesday, September 25 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Tryouts will be held after school on September 10, 11, 17, 18. More information to come. We hope you will be able to attend and support all of our talented students.

Picture Day - September 14

Picture Day for K-5 students is scheduled for September 14th. For those who are new to Stargate there are typically two different picture days during the school year. In the Fall, students take individual pictures and then in the Spring, class photos will be taken with homeroom classes. Order forms will be sent home in Monday folders.

WATCH D.O.G.S. Program

We are excited to launch our WATCH D.O.G.S. Program for 2018-2019 school year! Several parents have expressed interest in the program and we would like to invite all Dads to attend an orientation meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 20 at 5:30 pm in the K-5 Building in Ms. Beatty’s classroom. There will be a brief overview of the program and overall expectations, a tour of the buildings on campus, and pizza will be served. We hope to see you all there. The online sign-up system will be ready after the meeting for those that would like to volunteer. Please review the link below for more information about the WATCH D.O.G.S. Program.

http://www.fathers.com/watchdogs/

Fundraising Allocation Committee Requests

The Fundraising Allocation Committee (FAC) will distribute fundraising dollars for community requests. Any current Stargate Stakeholder or current Stargate student is welcome to apply for funds to purchase items/materials.

Requests will be prioritized based on impact to students, programs, and teachers. If you have questions please reach out to your building principal. Requests that exceed $5000 must be approved by the Governance Board.

The first round of requests are due by Friday, September 21st. The FAC will meet on September, 27 2018 to review the requests.

The Fundraising Allocation request form can be found here: Fundraising Allocation Committee Request Form

i-Ready Diagnostic Assessment

We are excited to share that Stargate is implementing a Math and Reading diagnostic program called i-Ready. Below, you will find information on the program and how we will be using it in the classroom.

What is i-Ready?

i-Ready is an online program that will help us determine your child’s needs, personalize his or her learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows us to meet your child exactly where he or she is and provides data for us to increase your child’s learning gains.

The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child’s needs. Each item a student sees is individualized based on his or her answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier questions. The purpose of this is not to give your child a score or grade, but instead to determine how best to support your child’s learning.

As always, thank you for your continued support and for being a partner in your child’s learning! We look forward to sharing i-Ready reports with you throughout the year and to providing a learning experience that will attract and hold your child’s interest while teaching important skills and concepts.

If you have any questions about i-Ready, please do not hesitate to contact me or the school. You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
Comments