Important Dates:

October 10-12  K-5 Conferences

October 15- No School-Professional Development Day for the staff

October 17- 6pm Board of Directors Meeting

October 23- Picture Retakes K-12

October 23-6:30pm Spanish Music Concert

October 30- 6:30pm Elementary Music Concert

Hello to all Stargate Families,

We are excited to welcome all families during conferences! This is a great time to get to know your student’s teachers and learn about their progress in class. I know that from my many years in the classroom, conferences provided me the opportunity to connect with families and learn even more about my students and their families.

I also want to take a moment to thank the many families that sent notes of gratitude during the last two weeks. I try to live by this and express my gratitude with those around me. Please continue with this throughout the next few months. I know the teachers enjoyed the positive notes!

I would also like to take a moment to highlight the different values we are trying to instil in our students through the SOAR passes that the staff have been handing out. The character traits include:

• Responsibility

• Kindness

• Perseverance

• Courage

• Integrity

This week we will focus on Integrity.

In·teg·ri·ty

noun

1. the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

2. the state of being whole and undivided.

When we talk about integrity with the students, we like to use kid-friendly language. You will often hear us say that it is always doing the right thing even when no one is watching. This week I would like for all of us to focus on doing the right thing. This includes doing the right thing in the loop; we do have young drivers in the loop with our high school students and we need to make sure we are granting them grace as they navigate a stressful situation. This also applies to every aspect of our lives. Doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest, but it is the best decision we can make.

With that, I wish you all a week filled with positive moments, smiles, and for relaxation with the long weekend upon us.

Rise above,

Missy Hischke

Stargate Elementary Principal

i-Ready Parent/Guardian Reports

Elementary students have completed their i-Ready math and reading assessments and parent/guardian reports will be available at conferences. Please be sure to stop by the i-Ready table at conferences to receive your student’s reports. Any reports not picked up at conferences will be sent home in Monday folders.

Picture retakes on October 23 K-12

If your student needs their picture retaken, the original picture package must be returned and the student's picture will be redone. If your student has not had their picture taken yet, paper picture order forms will be available at the front desk of each building. The paper order form must be turned in to the front desk by October 22 for the picture to be taken. No online orders will be available.

Spanish Class Update from Senorita Hanna and Spanish Music Concert October 23

As you may be aware, the kids have been learning songs in class, and we came up with the idea to put on a concert so all parents could have the opportunity to see! This concert will be for grades KG-5th, and it will be held on Tuesday, October 23 at 6:30 pm in the elementary commons.

Another exciting thing we have this month is our ¡FIESTA! We will be celebrating Halloween on Monday, October 29 for (B) day students, and Tuesday, October 30 for (A) day students.

I encourage students to wear their costumes. In addition, it would be very helpful for them to bring in treats to share for the class. If any parent volunteers would like to help decorate or bring in fun things for the kids, I would most definitely appreciate it! Please send me an email if you are interested in helping. (christie.hanna@stargateschool.org)

Music Concert October 30

It’s almost time for our elementary students to shine during their music concert! Here is some helpful information for families if your student is currently in Music and will be participating in the music concert.

WHEN TO ARRIVE: All students need to arrive at the Elementary gym 15 minutes before they perform. Please enter through the front doors.

• Grades 1/2 students will check into the gym at 6:15PM and perform at  6:30PM

• Grades 3/4 students will check into the gym at 6:45PM and perform at 7:00PM

• 5th Grade students will check into the gym at 7:15PM and perform at 7:30PM

Additional Information

• There is no need to arrive earlier than check in time, unless you want to help with setup or see more than one part of the show.

• When in the commons, students who are not performing should stay with their parents.

• Students should leave all personal belongings with their parents.

• It's okay to leave when your portion to the concert is over. However, you are also welcome to stay.

• Please do not enter or exit the commons during musical numbers.

Health Policy-When to Keep your Student Home

District policy states your child must stay home for at least 24 hours if he/she is sent home from school with any of the following:

• Fever of 100 or above

• Vomiting

• Diarrhea

Conferences

Fall conferences will be held on October 10 - October 12. There is school for students on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The students will not have classes on Thursday and Friday; and please note that there is no school for students on Oct. 15 due to a Professional Development Day. This is a great time to connect with your child’s teachers and we hope to see you there.

Inclement Weather Plan

Stargate follows the Adams 12 School District directives for inclement weather school closure. In addition to a full day cancellation, Adams 12 has instituted a Late Start option. In the case of a Late Start, classes will begin at 10 am to allow for safe travel in the morning. Dismissal will be at normal time. If the determination has been made that all schools will be closed or operating on a 2-hour delay, the district will make every effort to announce a decision by 5:30 a.m. Given how quickly weather conditions can change in Colorado, decisions are typically not made the night before.

School closures or 2-hour delayed starts due to inclement weather will be communicated as follows:

• District website at www.adams12.org

• School website

• Email and District text message to parents/guardians (Keep in mind, you will only receive alerts if schools are closed or operating on a 2-hour delay. If schools are open and operating on a normal schedule you will not receive an alert.)

• In order to receive District text messages, opt-in today by texting “YES” to 68453

• District’s hotline (720) 972-4000

• District Social media, including Facebook (/adams12fivestarschools) and Twitter (@adams12)

• Local media outlets

Windsock Day

If the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit or heavy precipitation is present, students will need to enter the school through the commons entrance (left of the main entrance) and they will sit with their grade level in the Elementary Commons. We politely ask that you do one of two options at drop off:

• Parents can drop their student off in the loop and your child can walk themselves to the commons and then sit with their grade level peers

• Parents can park in the parking lot and then walk their child to the commons

We have approximately 500 students that we place in the commons and 92 kindergarten students in the gym, so it is a busy morning during a Windsock Day. We would invite parents in, but space is at a minimum. The commons is supervised by three to four Eagle’s Landing staff members, our assistant principal, Sara Moeller, and me (Mrs. Hischke).

Indoor recess will be supervised by adults/teachers in the classroom. Student dismissals will also be conducted through the main entrance. Kindergarten will be dismissed from the elementary commons, so please use the side door that is left of the main office entrance.

Colorful windsocks will be displayed at different locations around the school (two at the south entrance and one at the north entrance) to indicate that conditions exist for an "inside day".

Staff information to help with processes

• Sandy Francis - Elementary 504 Coordinator K-5 and ELL Coordinator for K-12

• Nancy Provataris - Elementary School Psychologist

• Chris Fee - K-3 Learning Services Provider

• Patrick Holmbo - 4-6 Learning Services Provider

• Sara Moeller - Elementary Assistant Principal

• Veronica Vieyra - Administrative Assistant to Missy Hischke and Sara Moeller

• Lori Bustamante - Elementary Registrar

• Traci Snouffer-Elementary Health Aide

Comments