Hischke’s Happenings! May 20, 2019

posted May 20, 2019, 1:21 PM by Jane Baker

Important Dates:

May 21- 6:00pm High School Graduation, Macky Auditorium/ University of Colorado Boulder

May 22 9-1:15 5th Grade Field Trip Trail Winds Park

May 22- 6:30pm 8th Grade Continuation-Stargate Fieldhouse

May 23- 8:30am Kindergarten Graduation-Stargate Elementary Commons

May 23 11:30 Dismissal - Last Day of School

Community Website-Master Events Calendar, Important Announcements, Teacher Blogs, School Information

Hello Stargate Families,

Thank you for taking the time to read Hischke’s Happenings this year. It has been my profound pleasure to share a little piece of me with you each month. Naturally, I feel the need to end the year with a quote as we finish the school year and head into summer break.

Never forget where you’ve been.

Never lose sight of where you’re going.

And never take for granted the people who travel the journey with you.

~ Susan Gale

I wish you all a lovely summer break filled with evening BBQs, time at the pool, family trips, quiet time to read a good book or two, and time with family and friends.

I am looking forward to getting away to the lake this summer with my family. It truly centers me and as the little kindies would say, it fills my bucket!

See you all in August!

Missy Hischke

Stargate Elementary Principal

Severe Food Allergies

As you know there will be many classroom celebrations to end the year and that can be a scary time for students with severe allergies. This communication is to remind everyone that we need to make sure all food that comes into the school comes with a label or a list of ingredients.

Another area of concern is around students sitting at the Nut Free Table during lunch that have nut products in their lunches. While we want to be inclusive and allow students to invite a friend to eat with them at the Nut Free table, it is a risk that we cannot take and we will not allow students to sit at that table that have nuts or items that may contain nuts.

Elementary Spirit Week

The Elementary Student Council is excited to announce that there will be another Spirit Week! Our student leaders have done an outstanding job this year with assemblies, fundraisers, donating money to charity, and doing the morning announcements. Our teacher leaders are developing outstanding student leaders! Thank you to Mrs. Vaughan, Lisa Zelinger Cohen, and Mrs. Millar!

Here’s the schedule for Spirit Week:

Tuesday, May 21st - Disney Day

Wednesday, May 22nd - Sunglasses/Moustache/Hat Day

Thursday, May 23rd - Dress like you're going on vacation Day

Kindergarten Graduation Day! Thursday, May 23rd

The children should arrive at school at the normal time. Dressy clothes and shoes (please no heels or flip flops) are the suggested attire for the ceremony.  The children will be wearing graduation caps but no robes. Parents may drop off their child and go to the elementary commons to take their seats. The ceremony begins at 8:30 a.m. with the reception immediately following. After the reception, please come to the classroom to pick up your child’s diploma and portfolio which will be in his/her cubby. On your way out of the school, please take your child’s timeline off the wall in the hallway.

Lost and Found

Please check the Elementary front office for misplaced glasses, jewelry and other small items that have been turned in. All items left at the end of the school year will be donated. All other items are placed in the commons along the North wall. There are a number of items in the Lost and Found waiting to be reunited with their owner.

A special thank you goes out to Stargate parent Leslie Kochevar for organizing all of the lost and found materials!

Comments