Hischke’s Happenings! January 8, 2019

posted Jan 8, 2019, 12:29 PM by Jane Baker

Important Dates:

January 9-Elementary Students return to regularly scheduled school day

Week of January 14- Next round of school clubs begins

January 15-6:30pm Elementary Prospective Parents Meeting

January 16-6:00pm Spelling Bee

January 21-Martin Luther King Holiday-no school for students/Eagle’s Landing closed

January 23-6:00pm Board of Directors Meeting

January 24-6:30pm Geography Bee

January 26-K-5 Basketball begins (registration required)

January 30-2:15pm-3:30pm Dodgeball team practices

February 1-4:00pm Dodgeball Tournament

Community Website-Master Events Calendar, Important Announcements, Teacher Blogs, School Information

Welcome back!

As most of you know, I enjoy reading. I know people will say, how do you find the time, but it has become a habit before bedtime. Aside from historical fiction, I enjoy reading inspirational literature and I came across a passage that I would like to share with the community.

He said, “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day  regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.”

~Charles Swindoll

Attitude plays such an important role in our daily lives. I often use the beginning of a new year to reflect on ways in which I can improve in my daily interactions with others and the number one area that I have control over is my attitude. I have a choice on how I will act and respond to those around me. I have a choice to act positively or negatively. I have the choice to treat others with kindness or contempt. I have the choice to smile in the loop and encourage others to act with kindness or to head out with a negative attitude and start everyone’s day off poorly.

As we move forward in 2019, let’s choose to focus on our attitude and the positive affect it can have on those around us.

Rise above,

Missy Hischke

Stargate Elementary Principal

Calling all Parent Volunteers!

The elementary and middle school teachers are in need of some parent volunteers to help grade the Geography Bee assessments. In years past we have had an amazing turnout for this volunteer opportunity and we are hoping to get at least 10 parents to help this year too!

Here are the details:

Day: January 17, 2019

Time: 8:00 am

Extra Info: Coffee will be provided

Please use this SignUp link to volunteer:

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D44ACA829A0FE3-parent

ACCESS (ELL) Testing

The ACCESS testing window is from January 14-February 15. Parents/guardians of students taking the test will be sent an email. Feel free to email our ELL Coordinator, Sandy Francis (sandy.francis@stargateschool.org) with questions.

It is that time again...Yearbooks!

Hello! The elementary yearbook is now in the production process!  Thank you to our our 5th grade student committee and parent volunteers for taking on this project.  After much research and discussion, it was determined that it is best to go with Pictavo again this year.  The elementary book can be ordered online only and the cost is $50 ($52.63 with tax) until January 19. After that date, the price increases to $55 until March 16.  All orders must be placed no later than March 16. Please know there is not an option for personalization this year.  I would recommend you keep a copy of your purchase receipt in case there is an issue at distribution.  The distribution date is scheduled for early May.  The school code is 82025.   

To order the 2018-2019 book online, please use the following link:  https://commpe.pictavo.com/PictavoSchool/FindSchool

Yearbook Committee Meeting

We will meet on Thursdays, from 3:15-4:00 in an elementary room to be determined.  Please plan to pick your child up by 4:05.  The meeting dates are as follows: January: 10, 17, 24, 31; February:  7, 21, 28 (last meeting).

Second Annual Stargate Snowhounds Ski-trip to Loveland Ski Area
We have a few spots left on this trip! Stargate’s Specials Team is offering a daytrip for third - fifth graders during our spring parent/teacher conference. The first fifty students who sign up will be enrolled in ski or snowboard school by their ability level and enjoy a day on the slopes and lunch with friends. The bus will leave Stargate Elementary School on Thursday, February 14th at 7:00 AM and return to the school at 6:00 PM. The $110 fee includes the cost for transportation, equipment rental, all day ski lesson, lift ticket and lunch. (Students can bring their own equipment, but we cannot negotiate any price reduction) The fee must be paid by January 31, 2019. Please sign up here.

Health Policy-When to Keep your Student Home

District policy states your child must stay home for at least 24 hours if he/she is sent home from school with any of the following:

• Fever of 100 or above

• Vomiting

• Diarrhea

Staff information to help with processes

• Sandy Francis - Elementary 504 Coordinator K-5 and ELL Coordinator for K-12

• Nancy Provataris - Elementary School Psychologist

• Chris Fee - K-3 Learning Services Provider

• Patrick Holmbo - 4-5 Learning Services Provider

• Sara Moeller - Elementary Assistant Principal

• Veronica Vieyra - Administrative Assistant to Missy Hischke and Sara Moeller

• Lori Bustamante - Elementary Registrar

• Traci Snouffer-Elementary Health Aide

Comments