Important Dates

May 17- Field Day grades K-5

May 19- 5th Grade Girls Night 6:30pm-9:30pm

May 22- 5th grade boys lunch and games

May 23- 5th grade Class Picnic- 9:30am-2pm

May 25- Kindergarten Graduation 8:30am

May 25- Last Day for all students.  Grades 1-5 dismiss at 11:30am

SPIRIT WEEK - MAY 15TH - MAY 19TH

• MONDAY, MAY 15TH  - CHARACTER DAY (ANY MOVIE OR BOOK CHARACTERS)

• TUESDAY, MAY 16TH - SPORTS DAY

• WEDNESDAY, MAY 17TH - STARGATE SPIRIT ON FIELD DAY

• THURSDAY, MAY 18TH - CRAZY HAT AND HAIR AND TUTU DAY

• FRIDAY,  MAY 19TH - BEACH DAY

End of the Year

It’s hard to believe that the school year is coming to an end. We have come so far in just one year and it is nice to reflect on all that has happened. At the beginning of the year, the staff was able to take a blank canvas for their classrooms and turn them into a place the students call home. It’s fun to think back and remember the day there was one more trailer to unload for the elementary building and how the entire staff pitched in to help. The sense of community started early and has just grown from there.

I would like to personally thank all of the parents and guardians that help on a daily basis whether it’s in the classroom, assisting your student with the class projects and daily school work, serving on the numerous committees that allow the school to run smoothly, and the volunteers that can be called in at the last minute to help grade Geography Bee and Spelling Bee test. THANK YOU!

I wish everyone a safe, relaxing, and fun filled summer break. Please say hi when you see me in the grocery store, the pool, or maybe even at the lake. I am looking forward to spending some time with my family before my son enters his last year of high school. I can speak from experience that it goes by all too fast. Make sure you hug your kids every chance you get!

Math Program Exploration for K-5

Elementary teachers and admin have been exploring the possibility of transition to a unified K-5 Math Curriculum. The goal is to find a rigorous and challenging program that meets the needs of all of our varying ability groups, provides online resources/support for parents, 21st century manipulatives and the ability to assess for learning. The program that the teachers have identified as their top choice is Go Math. Please feel free to stop by the K-5 building to see a comprehensive set of materials including teacher guides, student workbooks, manipulatives, assessments and other resources. We will also be reviewing our process for selection with the governance board at our next meeting on May 17th at 6:30pm in the Secondary building.

K-5 Field Day May 17

There will be three main areas for field day. The grassy area between elementary and secondary(quad) as well as both turf fields and my elementary gym (possibly the playground as well).

The schedule is as follows:

8:30-10:00:

Grades 3-5 will meet in the commons for some instructions. They will be receiving yearbooks during this time. They can sign yearbooks, play on the jumpy castles and get their faces painted. We will talk about how to keep track of their yearbook so we don’t have tears from parents or students. This will all take place in the quad and in front of the elementary building.

Grades K-2 will head outside to the turf field/Gym for Field Day Games. There will be 15-20 stations for them to play at. The elementary gym will be one large station. This will be the American Ninja Warrior station.

Students can go to stations at their leisure.

There will be 3 stations in which students time/score can be recorded for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place at the end of the day.

(A map with all stations and video of the American Ninja Warrior station will be out soon)

10:00-11:30

Grades 3-5 will head out to the turf fields/Gym for Field Day Stations (see K-2 above for more info)

Grades K-2 will meet in the commons for some info, yearbooks and play in the quad. (see 3-5 above for more info)

11:30-12:00 Lunch (Students are to bring their own sack lunch or order the sack lunch from Stargate) Please feel free to eat in your classrooms or outside.

12:00-12:30 Annual Staff Soccer Game! Any and all staff are welcome to come play with us. It is always a blast. We will play on the full turf soccer field this year. Students are to sit around the field and watch us in all our glory.

12:30-1:30 Popsicles, Awards and Dismissal! (Location TBD)

**If you are able to volunteer on field day, please contact Miranda Lamonski at miranda.lamonski@stargateschool.org

SCHOOL FEES

We have less than one month left in the 2016-2017 school year. Please take a moment to check your IC account under fees to see if you have a balance.  All unpaid school fees should be paid in full by June 15th so we can close our 2016-2017 school year budget. Monthly statements will be sent out May 2nd and then again on June 1st.  If you have questions regarding your account, feel free to contact deirdre.carlile@stargateschool.org and she will be happy to provide assistance where needed.  

For the 2017-2018 school year (most) all of the school year fees will be posted by June 15th for parents to see and pay over the summer if interested.  We have decided to post the fees earlier so that you are aware of student(s) fees before registration in August. Registration is scheduled for the first week in August and fees will need to be paid at that time.

5th Grade Boys Lunch and Games

Our 5th grade boys will have the opportunity to head over to the secondary building, hang with some of our staff, eat lunch, play games and talk about the upcoming shift to middle school on Monday, May 22, 2017 at 11:20am. Please let me know in advance if your student has any dietary restrictions and remember to cancel any lunches you have ordered.

5th Grade Girls' Night May 19 6:30-9:30

It's time to celebrate together for Stargate's 1st Annual 5th Grade Girls' Night! Enjoy a pizza dinner while asking questions to a panel of Stargate's high school girls, laugh with your friends while doing fun team building challenges, choose from a bunch of different activities in smaller groups (everything from meditation to jewelry making and hip hop dancing), and create a meaningful gift for every girl in your class! Let's see what happens when we, as girls, support one another and build each other up to be our best together!  *$5 admission at the door

• Please view and respond to the official invitation  for the 5th Grade Girls’ Night at:

http://evite.me/v6q9Jvn43V

• We need your RSVP by Monday, May 15th at 3 pm.

• Parents, you are invited to volunteer and support your daughter in this event by viewing and responding to the following link:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080a44acae2fa02-5thgrade

Community Relations Committee

CRC will be having planning meetings over the summer. If you are interested in joining CRC next year or want to help with planning, please email us at crc@stargateschool.org.

Comments