Cable Connection January 8, 2019

posted Jan 8, 2019, 2:59 PM by Jane Baker

Important Dates:

January 15-Seniors Star Track Meeting 6:00pm

January 16-6:00pm Spelling Bee

January 17-6:00pm Secondary Prospective Parents Meeting

January 21-Martin Luther King Holiday-no school for students/Eagle’s Landing closed

January 23-6:00pm Board of Directors Meeting

January 24- 5:00 PM - Sherlock Hounds Parent Information Meeting

January 24-6:30pm Geography Bee

January 30-2:15pm-3:30pm Dodgeball team practices

February 1-4:00pm Dodgeball Tournament

Updated Sports Schedules

Community Website-Master Events Calendar, Important Announcements, School Information, Staff Directory

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. My time away from school was spent relaxing and spending quality time with my wife and daughters. I look forward to beginning this semester revisiting topics that I believe students need to be reminded of periodically including the power of words, bullying and harassment, online safety, sexual harassment, discrimination, consequences of drug involvement, and the character trait of kindness. Today was a great start to our round robins sessions covering these topics and students will finish the remaining session on Friday.

I am excited for a great spring semester!

Rise above,

Rob

Drug and Alcohol Prevention

Beginning this month, we will be starting a new proactive and preventative safety program. A company called Sherlock Hounds Detection Canines will begin visiting our school, in a non-threatening but very visible manner using scent trained friendly dogs. Their presence is a visible reminder to students that drugs, alcohol and dangerous substances do not belong in school. It is our intention to deter individuals from bringing these items to our school. Sherlock Hounds will begin randomly scheduled visits throughout the year beginning this month. We have chosen this company because of their ability to design the right program for our school climate, their safe and non-threatening canines, their background in education and their goal of reducing occurrences of drugs, alcohol and other substances in school. Sherlock Hounds will assist in maintaining the safety of our school. This program will be in addition to discussing the negative effects of drugs, alcohol, and dangerous substances with students. If you would like to hear more about this program, please plan to attend a parent information night with a representative from Sherlock Hounds on January 24 at 5:00 pm in the Secondary Commons.

Parking Lot Safety Talk For New Drivers

We will offer our next Parking Lot Safety Talk for students on Friday, January 11th at lunch in the front office conference room. If students hope to obtain a parking permit between now and the end of February, they need to plan ahead and attend the Parking Lot Safety Talk in January.

Interest in being a Girls on the Run Coach for 6-8 Grade Girls?

Stargate middle school Girls on the Run program (Heart & Sole) is in need of 2-3 volunteer coaches. As a coach, you will inspire girls to have a lifetime of self-respect and a healthy lifestyle through an innovative program that combines training for a 3.1 mile run/walk race with a fun, health education lesson plan. The team consists of 2-3 coaches and up to 16 girls.

The season runs March 5 through May 18th culminating in a Denver 5k. There are two 90 minute practices per week after school (days to be determined based on coach availability).

Visit www.girlsontherunrockies.org for more information. If we do not have any volunteer coaches, we will not be able to offer the middle school program this spring. If you are interested in this opportunity or have questions, please email Tami Pippert at tlpippert@gmail.com.

Come Cheer on our HS Basketball Teams!

This week, Chick-fil-A will be at our varsity games on Friday. It is the first time that both of our varsity basketball teams will be playing at home on the same night. They will be bringing the cow out, playing games during the half, and throwing out prizes. Chick-fil-A will also be available for purchase in the concessions stand. Bring the family out and cheer on the Eagles to victory! The Girls Varsity game starts and 5:30pm and Boys Varsity will start at 7:00pm. Admissions is $5 Hope to see you there!

Comments