Mrs. Walls' Literacy Blog (Week of 5.20.19)

posted May 17, 2019, 12:16 PM by Melanie Walls

Mrs. Walls' Literacy Blog (Week of 5.20.19)

Our last two days of Literacy for the school year will be on Monday and Tuesday of this week.  We will wrap up the school year by writing some words of wisdom for the incoming Kindergarten students and writing letters to next year's teachers.

On Wednesday, your child will be bringing home their white weekly folder.  Inside of their white folder you will find their purple homework folder.  Within the homework folder are a few different resources for your use at home over the summer.  At this developmental level, it is ESSENTIAL that your child keeps reading over the summer or many of their newly learned skills will be lost.  Most students have just started to read fluently and are able to comprehend the text on their own.  10 weeks of summer is a long time to go without practicing.  I have included resources for recommended book series, some fun summer writing prompts, and iReady login information.  The iReady lessons are unique to each student and individualized based on their own test results.  I highly recommend having your child complete one lesson per day!

I am so proud of all the hard work your students put in over the school year.  I feel confident they will continue to be successful in 2nd grade!
Comments