Week of Oct. 7, 2013

posted Oct 9, 2013, 8:13 AM by Shalaine Root   [ updated Oct 9, 2013, 8:13 AM by Lisa Griffin ]
I enjoyed seeing almost all of you at conferences.  It was great to get to chat with you about the great learning happening in our room.  Thank you also to the parents who provided our tasty meals during conferences, it was all very tasty.  :)

I was fortunate to be able to attend the Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented (CAGT) Monday and Tuesday this week.  It was fantastic to get to reconnect with former colleagues and members of my cohort from BVSD.  I went to some very thought provoking sessions and enjoyed the keynote speakers. I have much to share from my two days. 

We had jobs due on Tuesday and our next jobs are due on Monday.  All book groups will be finishing their books by Monday and will trade for new ones after their book discussions.  We will discuss the books to this point and observations and predictions tomorrow.  I will also be making comments on the kiddos' personal narratives.  

Students should be writing in their Writer's Notebooks.  They need to write three times a week for 20 minutes each time. This is a place to record thoughts, ideas, pondering, wondering, observations, etc.  They need to have 22 entries by this Sunday. 
Comments