week of 9-29-2014

posted Sep 30, 2014, 11:55 AM by Shalaine Root   [ updated Sep 30, 2014, 11:55 AM by Lisa Griffin ]

As you check out Infinite Campus and your grades, please remember that Responsibility grades make up 10% of your grade.  Also remember that this is scored on a two point scale; if the homework is here in class completed at the start of class, it is two points; if it is partially completed, one point; and not complete or not here,  no points.  These points are earned at the time that I walk around and check homework, you can not earn them back.

Elective kiddos:  Please remember if you signed up to bring a treat to share, please bring it as well as your book to read. :)

I will be doing book orders, if you are interested, please see me.  Checks can be made out to Scholastic Book clubs or you can bring cash to me or you can order on-line by looking for my page and using the code HFH8N.  

Now that you have your community handbooks, please carefully read the section about dress code.  Some points to remember: no shoulders can be showing and shorts/skirts should reach at least to your finger tips when your arms hang naturally at you side.  Also undergarments should be under your garments. :)

Packing lists for Cheley were emailed to you.  If you did not get an email, please let one of your teachers know. 

There is information for my different classes, please be sure to look at your information.

L2
We have finished reading The Giver and will be doing activities to summarize the book and our understandings this week.  I am still working on being able to go see the movie in theaters.  If anyone has a connection, please let me know.

We have started our Writer's Notebooks. This is a place to record thoughts, ideas, ponderings, stories, ect. Students need to be writing for at least 20 minutes each entry and they need at least 2 entries per week. They should have 11 entries by 10/5. Students will keep their WN at home until we have a WN check, about every 20 entries or so.

Vocab #3 definitions are due 10/1. 

Our vocab quiz will be 10/7 if you're in sixth grade or 10/14 if you are in 7th grade due to Cheley.

L3
We have finished The Outsiders and are finishing our character sketches with meaningful quotes this week.  We will also have a test on the book on Friday as well as starting a project around the lessons we learned from the boys in The Outsiders.    

We have started our Writer's Notebooks. This is a place to record thoughts, ideas, ponderings, stories, ect. Students need to be writing for at least 20 minutes each entry and they need at least 2 entries per week. They should have 11 entries by 10/5. Students will keep their WN at home until we have a WN check, about every 20 entries or so.

Vocab #3 definitions are due 10/1.

Our vocab quiz will be 10/7 if you are not in Cheley or 10/14 when you get back from Cheley.

Have a great week.
Comments