week of 11+3=14 :)

posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:56 PM by Shalaine Root   [ updated Nov 3, 2014, 1:56 PM by Lisa Griffin ]
Please remember as you check out Infinite Campus and your grades that Responsibility grades make up 10% of your grade.  Also remember that this is scored on a two point scale; if the homework is here in class completed at the start of class, it is two points; if it is partially completed, one point; and not complete or not here,  no points.  These points are earned at the time that I walk around and check homework, you can not earn them back.

This Wednesday's elective is our version of a coffee house writing group.  I'm looking forward to all of the creative stories. :) 

I will be doing book orders, if you are interested, please see me.  Checks can be made out to Scholastic Book clubs or you can bring cash to me or you can order on-line by looking for my page on Scholastic Book Clubs and using the code HFH8N.  

Please remember that if you are absent on a day that an assignment, project or test is due that assignment, project or test is due on the day that you return to class.

There is information for my different classes, please be sure to look at your information.

L2

Our next set of jobs are due on Tuesday for our alternate reality books.  We will have a 6th set (or 1st set of second books) of jobs due on Friday.  The books to choose from are: The Last Book in the UniverseBarcode TattooUgliesGathering BlueMessengerSon,and Turn About.  Students were allowed to choose a book that sounded interesting and that is how they selected their groups.  Once in their groups they chose how far to read and who would do which job from the job list.  Each time they meet a job is due (the students have the list of jobs and expectations) and the group will discuss the book so far.  At the end of the meeting they will choose how far to read for next time and change jobs.  Each student will be expected to read at least two books from the list of choices.

I am working on two different field trips: Dec. 5 to see a play at night 

Dec. 12 to see The Giver at Cinnebar.  Look for more information and permissions slips soon.

We are also doing some work with non-fiction reading and writing and how that is different than when we read in fiction.

We are continuing our Writer's Notebooks. This is a place to record thoughts, ideas, ponderings, stories, ect. Students need to be writing for at least 20 minutes each entry and they need at least 2 entries per week. They should have 21 entries by 11/09. Students will keep their WN at home until we have a WN check, about every 20 entries or so.  I will start collecting WN for a check starting next week.

Vocab #5 sheets are due 11/05 the quiz is 11/12. 

L3

We will finish the movie today and start working on our next writing piece the rest of this week.  

We are continuing our Writer's Notebooks. This is a place to record thoughts, ideas, ponderings, stories, ect. Students need to be writing for at least 20 minutes each entry and they need at least 2 entries per week. They should have 21 entries by 11/09. Students will keep their WN at home until we have a WN check, about every 20 entries or so.  I will start collecting WN for a check next week.

Vocab #5 sheets are due 11/05 and the quiz is 11/12.

Comments