week of 10-5-15 (Yay, math day! 10+5=15)

posted Oct 5, 2015, 7:34 AM by Shalaine Root   [ updated Oct 5, 2015, 7:34 AM by Lisa Griffin ]

The seventh graders leave this morning for three fun-filled days in Cheley.  Hopefully we won't get too wet :)  

Please refer to my calendar for due dates of upcoming assignments.  Please remember that this blog is my best estimate for what we will be doing this week.  Your planner and the homework board are the most accurate sources for due dates.  You can also look at the calendar on my page to see long term due dates.  Your planner is your best friend :)

You need 15 Writer's Notebook entries by 10/11.  Look at previous blogs for a reminder of what these can entail.

Please check your grades and turn in any missing assignments ASAP.  Remember that the only extra credit possibility is more Writer's Notebook entries.

Middle School Parent/Teacher Conferences  will be held Wednesday, October 14th - Friday, October 16th. This is a great opportunity to engage with your child's teachers. We are adjusting our conference format from previous years with the goal of accommodating more families. We will be keeping the open house format for  Wednesday and  Thursday evenings, but are going to offer conference sign ups for  Thursday during the day. Please visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094fa5a628a0f58-middle1 to sign up for a  Thursday conference. Traditionally the evenings are our busiest time and parents often wait in line to talk with each teacher. In an attempt to minimize the busyness of the evening sessions and keep you from standing in line, we are encouraging you to sign up for a conference during the day  on Thursday if you are available. The following outlines the conference format:

Wednesday 
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Open house 

Thursday
10:00 am - 4:00 pm - Parent sign ups - Sign up genius can be found at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094fa5a628a0f58-middle1 
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Open house 

Friday 
All day - Teacher scheduled conferences- Teachers will reach out to parents they would like to talk with to set up an appointment for  Friday

We would also like to remind you that there will be no school on Thursday, October 15th and Friday, October 16th.

We look forward to meeting with each family to discuss your child's progress.

Have a great week!
Comments